23.1.14

Mac Lipstick Dupes: Modesty and Rebel + Swatches

Hello everyone,

I have an interesting post for you today that may just save you some pennies. I will be compare two very popular Mac lipsticks with two very similar Barry M  lipsticks. Barry M are more commonly known for their great nail polishes or glitter pigments, however surprisingly their lipsticks will give you a run for your money.


First up I will be comparing the ever loved Modesty lipstick by Mac this is a great nude colour perfect for everyday in the office or even rocking it with a sexy smokey for a night on the town. It is a cremesheen formulation meaning that its super moisturising but still have great pigmentation. We then have the Barry M lipstick in shade #150, this again is the perfect nude for night and day wear. In comparison to Mac modesty the colour is almost identical as shown in the swatch at the end of this post, however the formulation of the Barry M lipstick in less creamy and therefore lasts a few hours longer. So its really your call ladies!!!


Next up we have the infamous Mac rebel lipstick. This lipstick is deemed to be the perfect autumnal shade as it has the perfect mix of berry and pink to bring out your vampy yet girl side. This is a satin finish from Mac and it almost acts like a lip stain without the drying effect they tend have on your lips especially in these cold months. I love satin finishes as they last so long, I literally don't have to reapply my lipstick all day. An amazing dupe for this Amazing shade is Barry M Shade #156. This shade looks exactly the same in the stick, however when swatched it comes up a bit lighter, however do not despair the lipstick can be layered up to almost perfect match to Mac Rebel and that's for a third of the price. The lasting power of the Barry M lipstick is great, lasts between 4-5 hours before reapplication is needed.

Left to right: Barry M #150, Mac Modesty, Barry M #156, Mac Rebel. 

The Mac lipsticks retail for £15 each whereas the Barry M lipsticks retails for £4.49. You could save over £10!!! If like me though you just have to have the Mac lipstick to add to your collection, maybe try out the Barry M one first to make sure the shade is right for you. Because I know there is nothing worse than parting with your hard earned money for something you will never use. So there you have it ladies two beautiful dupes for Mac Modesty and Rebel, and in my opinion the Barry M lipsticks are great and a bloody bargain. If you keep a look out Boots often have 3 for 2 offers on, and you could save even more. These are definitely two of my favourite lipstick shades to wear, what are your favourite shades? Let me know in the comment below.

Thanks you reading guys!!!

7 comments:

  1. Following you now on GFC, Please follow back and return the support will appreciate it <3
    http://redraoalice.blogspot.com/2014/01/awesome-international-giveaway-january.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg I LOVE Mac Rebel!!! Thanks for sharing this. :) Love your blog, I'm now following you!

    If you're interested, follow me back!
    aclassystateofgrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun, I know Rebel is amazing!! Following you back! xx

      Delete
  3. Great blog! Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog hun! My personal favourite is Mac Rebel , a party is coming up soon and I'm going to buy a new lipstick to go with my outfit which one would you recommend

    ReplyDelete