16.8.13

Review: YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat

Well hello hello hello!!!

So a couple of week ago I took advantage of the my boots points, which had racked up to a £34 balance due to numerous trips to boots! Guilty! Haha...
Well I decided to take the plunge and spend them on this lovely YSL foundation. Firstly YSL is my favourite high-end brand I love their mascara and there ever so pretty lipsticks, however I am a huge fan for pretty packaging so this may be where 50% of my love comes from.


Anyway back to the foundation, this foundation is a light weight foundation which is aimed at adding luminosity in order to accentuate contours of the face, as opposed to masking the face with a full coverage foundation. I completely agree with YSL on this one, masking your face in full coverage with make your face look flat and bigger. The main selling point of this foundation is that it has liquid gold running through it, and I must say that's what pulled me in. I mean who would want to apply liquid gold to their face everyday?

The coverage of this foundation is light to medium coverage but it covers all redness but still lets natural skin showing through such as freckles, I fricking LOVE this as it just looks so natural but flawless at the same time. It gives a lovely dewy finish (that will be the liquid gold at work!). The only problem with this foundation is the lasting power isn't the best as it is a very running foundation. However I find it can last me the entire work day of 8 hours if I use a primer and setting spray, although I don't think I will need these steps as the weather gets colder.

I apply this with of course my Real Techniques buffing brush and it is slowly taking over my love for my Mac F&B foundation.



Pros:
Pretty luxurious packaging
Lovely natural yet flawless finish
Nice and hydrating
Perfect amount of coverage

Cons:
Not full coverage which I love but if your after full coverage this isn't for you
May not be forgiving on those with oilier skin
On the pricey side

Overall I am in LOVE with this foundation and would recommend it to any who had normal to dry skin. YSL are not shy on giving out samples so pop to your nearest counter and check it out. If you would like to see a picture of me wearing it check out my FOTD.



2 comments:

  1. Hi! Im fairly new to all this blogging stuff so I’m still trying to get my blog going. Would you mind checking it out? idkmatilda.blogspot.com!
    Sorry to bother. Thanks if you do xoxo

    ReplyDelete